The Residential Territory Manager (RTM) will support the growth of sales and profit with the existing customer base while initiating strategies for continued diversification within the Residential New Construction and Residential Retrofit Markets. In addition, the RTM will manage their assigned region and leverage opportunities to implement effective sales strategies to increase market share and minimize lost businesses through ongoing analysis of historical and current regional sales data.
This role is focused on increasing the dealer base and top-line sales for Armstrong, Concord, and Samsung product lines and growing ECCO Manufactured products for their Residential Territory. In addition, this role will participate in continuing education programs offered to effectively demonstrate the features, advantages, and benefits of the HVAC products and promote ECCO Supply’s unique selling proposition.
Reports to: Regional Director of Sales Branch Operations
Indirectly Reports to: Branch Manager
- Develop profitable and ongoing business in a region with an assigned territory of HVAC contractors maximizing annual sales and gross profit
- Create and implement new business development strategies to expand product offerings sold into the assigned territory
- Make regular virtual and in-person sales calls to all residential HVAC contractors in the designated region
- Work closely with the Regional Director and Branch Manager to develop sales programs, promotions, forecasting and strategies to attain budgeted annual sales and margin targets
- Take full responsibility for developing new sales channels within identified strategic markets and developing these channels to increase sales, market penetration and positioning of ECCO Supply
- Ensure that targeted contractors are signed up for and actively participating in the ECCO Rewards and ECCO Residential Dealer Programs
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to produce an annual sales, gross profit and travel expense budget for the budget and planning meetings
- Actively participate in sales and management meetings when requested by the Regional Director or Branch Manager
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management
Due to the dynamic nature of this Company the duties and responsibilities may reasonably change from time to time.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a sales or account management role or any equivalent
- Previous experience in the HVAC industry
- A degree or college diploma would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, high energy, enthusiasm, a positive outlook, proven people skills, and problem-solving skills are essential for this position
- Strong organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to respond and present effectively to different types of personalities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trust and long-term relationships with customers and colleagues