The Purchaser is responsible for the planning, selecting, pricing, and purchasing of raw materials and stock, at the lowest negotiated cost, in the desired quantity and quality, delivered when required, and to the location required. They will also be responsible for reviewing requisitions, staying informed of the current market conditions and products, and fulfilling the requirements of orders as well as maintaining inventory levels and reordering stock as needed for the Company.
The Purchaser will perform all duties promptly and orderly to the best of their abilities and with the utmost due care, integrity and professionalism.
The ECCO Group
Reports to: Procurement Manager or Designate
- Work with various departments to ensure a thorough understanding of the Company’s raw materials, inventory and stock requirements
- Implement and maintain an ongoing value analysis and cost-reduction effort
- Conduct surveys and market studies to determine price levels and trends for raw materials and stock purchased by the Company
- Maintain proper inventory levels to ensure stock positions are adequate
- Work with the Director of Manufacturing and Procurement Manager to negotiate the best terms (price, credit, quality, transportation, and payment terms) on purchases of all types, including special orders, regularly occurring purchases and long-term supply contracts
- Establish and maintain exceptional working relationships with suppliers
- Monitor and report the performance of various suppliers of goods and services
- Monitor and manage pricing, cost fluctuations, and market uncertainties that may impact inventory levels
- Manage discrepancies with suppliers when faced with inspections, adjustments, claims, shortages, etc.
- Design and implement purchasing policies and procedures designed to ensure a reliable supply of lowest cost steel of the desired quality
- Work with senior managers to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Attend periodic travel in order to attend trade shows and meet with suppliers, branch managers, and production managers as needed
- Report purchasing activities to the Procurement Manager, Director of Manufacturing, and VP & General Manager as needed
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management
Due to the dynamic nature of this Company, the duties and responsibilities of the Purchaser may reasonably change from time to time.
- Previous experience working in a Purchasing role is required
- 2+ years in HVAC, manufacturing or related industry – an asset
- A degree or college diploma would be considered an asset
- Must be willing to attend educational courses to supplement their existing professional experience for a period of time deemed suitable by management
- Excellent communication skills; high energy, enthusiastic with proven people skills and ability to work as part of a team and independently
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize is critical.