The Health and Safety Administrator maintains and administers procedures to fulfill the requirements of ECCO’s Health & Safety program and WorkSafe BC legislation, and provides additional HR support to the Operations Manager as required.
The ECCO Group
Reports to: VP of HR, or designate.
- Maintain up-to-date health and safety documentation for requisite activities and establish a formal review schedule for documentation annually
- Prepare, schedule and coordinate annual safety drills, inspections and other activities and ensure compliance with Work Safe BC legislation.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics for first aid injuries and incidents
- Complete incident investigations, ensuring proper confidentiality and documentation standards are followed, and corrective actions are taken.
- Oversee all monthly worksite health & safety inspections, documenting results and reviewing with key stakeholders. Ensure corrective actions are taken
- Manage occupational and non-occupational Return to Work (RTW) / Stay at Work (SAW) programs, including maintenance of a detailed modified duties list
- Carry out responsibilities under the Emergency Plan, including the COVID Emergency Plan and support operational recovery and continuation
- Chair monthly Health & Safety Committee meetings; distribute meeting minutes.
- Ensure appropriate personnel, in adequate numbers, are identified and trained/certified for their job-specific functions and accountabilities; schedule or coordinate training/certification sessions, as required.
- Maintain adequate first aid supplies and PPE
- Support workplace audits and inspections, and maintain accurate records
- Support onboarding activities for ECCO production employees
- Support management in the consistent interpretation and application of the Collective Agreement
The incumbent will also perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Management reserves the right to add, modify or change tasks and/or responsibilities based on business needs