The Business Systems Analyst will be a liaison between Business Units and IT team members. As a primary point of contact, the BSA will be responsible for documenting Business requirements, planning, executing, providing guidance, and any other related tasks to ultimately deliver upon IT initiatives. This role will also provide front line support for any enhancements within various applications systems.
The ECCO Group
Reports to: IT Manager
Direct Reports: Designate
- Coordinate project timelines, milestones, and deliverables
- Implement new modules or processes within the VAI System 2000 (S2K) Enterprise
- Analyze issues through testing and/or data analysis techniques using SQL and debugging techniques within RPG
- Provide functional unit testing on modifications within the VAI S2K ERP system and other systems as required
- Modify or enhance programs residing within IBM I using RPG programming language or indirectly by collaborating with other IT development resources
- Create technical design documents to communicate requirements to IT department and other Business Units
- Conduct direct user acceptance testing (UAT) with users
- Work directly with stakeholders to elicit requirements by utilizing interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for IT staff members to act as an SME on VAI S2K requirements
- Provide training sessions to users regarding IT initiatives; as well as provide mentorship to IT staff members
- Act as an SME for modules within VAI System 2000 (S2K) and/or Kronos Time and Attendance applications as well as other applications as deemed fit by management.
- Assist with end of day, end of month and end of year activities; as well as coordinate annual inventory count processes
- Manage daily, monthly, full system save, and yearly backups on IBM I; as well as perform backups on a rotational schedule
- Provide after hours support as required on rotational basis
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management
- Maintain good working relationship with all co-workers and ECCO employees
- Provide superior customer support and service to all internal (staff, departments, branches, etc.) and external customers so they will want to do repeat business with the company.
- Commit to regular professional development by staying abreast of current and emerging trends and technologies.
- Read and comply with ECCO’s Human Resources, Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the success of the company safety program with suggestions and by setting a good example by ensuring that safety is at the forefront of your actions while at work.
Due to the dynamic nature of this company, the duties and responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst shall be reviewed periodically and may change from time to time, such changes to be at the discretion of the IT manager.